- Watch a cooking demonstration by Michael Taus, chef/owner, Taus Authentic, Chicago
- Learn to break down a whole hog with Steven Grostick, Food Fanatic chef, US Foods
- Think outside the box to make a profit with Jeremy Abbey, CEC, CEPC, CCE, CCA, executive chef/owner, Culinary Impressions, Inc., and culinary director, Dorsey Schools, Pontiac, Michigan
- Discover ways to share your knowledge with the next generation of culinarians in a presentation by Gregory Beachey, CCC, senior academic/program manager, National Restaurant Association Education Foundation, Chicago
· Indiana State Skills USA contests
The Culinary and Restaurant service contests will happen Friday April 10 at Ivy Tech from 11am to 3:30pm and the Commercial Baking contest will happen Saturday morning April 11 from 8am to 1pm.
As the authority on cooking in America since 1929, ACF is the premier professional chefs’ organization in North America with more than 20,000 members in more than 225 chapters. The American Culinary Federation, Inc. (ACF), a professional, organization for chefs and cooks, was founded in 1929 in New York city by three chefs’ organizations: the Societe Culinaire Philanthropique, the Vatel Club and the Chefs de Cuisine Association of America. Since our inception, little has changed in our principal goals. We are an organization based on promoting the professional image of American chefs worldwide through education of culinarians at all levels.